The PRO Short Bifins 2 make traveling a breeze due to their shorter size and easy packability. Their compact size also makes them easier to maneuver for instructor work, underwater photography, and even for shorter freedivers who have trouble maneuvering long bifins underwater. A benefit of the PRO model is an updated bottleneck shape, giving the blade a more efficient and smooth transition in water that results in more power.
A rounded carbon angle between the footpocket and blade gives additional strength to this important area, although pushing off the pool floor and wall should still be avoided. Comes with Molchanovs Hand-Built Footpockets, which are available in standard EU sizes or custom sizes. Choose between soft and medium stiffness blades.
Details and Materials
- Premium 100% carbon fiber
- Handcrafted from start to finish
- Layered by hand for unparalleled responsiveness
- Bottleneck shape resulting in more power due to their efficient transition in water
- Soft and medium stiffness blades both have the same layering of carbon; the stiffness is determined purely by the blade dimensions
- PRO Short Bifins 2 feature Molchanovs Hand-Built Footpockets:
- Heavy-duty, wear-resistant, UV-resistant foot pockets
- Custom open-heel foot pockets for flexibility
- Updated Comfort Lining with a soft micropore interior for maximized comfort
- Increased toe space in the foot pockets for added relief
- Choose between standard EU sizes or custom sizes
- Lightweight, weighing approximately 430g/0.9lb per footpocket to decrease fatigue when raising the leg during a kick cycle
- Colors: Black, White, Pink, Blue and Yellow
- Soft stiffness blades:
- Weight: 102g (0.2lb)
- Blade Angle: 27 degrees
- Blade Width: 19cm (7.5in)
- Blade Length (from angle to tip): 41cm (16.1in)
- Total Length (depending on foot pocket size): 60cm (23.6in)
- Medium stiffness blades:
- Weight: 115g (0.3lb)
- Blade Angle: 27 degrees
- Blade Width: 20cm (7.9in)
- Blade Length (from angle to tip): 44cm (17.3in)
- Total Length (depending on foot pocket size): 64.7cm (25.5in)
All equipment should be rinsed in fresh water and placed out of direct sunlight and heat. Do not place heavy objects on top of the bifins. For more information, please see how to care for your freediving bifins and monofin and how to travel with them. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
Desired Fit Guide
The desired fit determines the tightness of the foot pockets. Three options are available:
Ideal for recreational dives and long training sessions. If you intend to put them on for long periods of time, choose this option. Comfortable for about 2 hours of wear.
A medium tightness, ideal for focused training sessions and competitions. Comfortable for about 1 hour of wear.
The tightest fit available, maximizing power transfer, especially for competition dives. Suitable for about 30 minutes of wear.